Monday, November 16, 2009

Wicked... Back in Kansas!!

I recently had a wickedly fabulous getaway with all my sisters and my mom. On November 7th, my sister Christine (who lives right next door to me... love it!) and I drove up to my mom's house and then we all carpooled to Kansas, where we met up with my other two sisters, Shannon and Phaedra, at Shannon's house. We went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant and then we headed off to watch the most amazing musical of all time (well, it's Top Ten for me, at the very least!)........... WICKED!!! The set was amazing, the cast was spectacular, and the music was phenomenal. I am in love.

Where were Ben and Eli, you might ask? Ben, who happens to be the most terrific-est, spectaculous, amazeringest (I'm speaking in the Ozzian dialect from "Wicked", for those of you who haven't seen it yet) husband of all time, watched Eli all day and night so I could go!!! He deserves a medal, does he not???

But how do I repay him? By continuously singing the entire score from the musical until I successfully got each song stuck in his head. I couldn't help myself. I'm pretty sure after he sung a refrain from the song, "Popular", he informed me that he's never enabling me again. We'll see.... ;)

So, Mom, Christine and I drove back early Sunday morning. I got a phone call on the way back from the bishopric. Never a good sign! I rushed home, kissed Ben and Eli, got ready to go, and made it to church in time to be released as primary teacher and called as 1st counselor in the Young Women's presidency. Then I sang in sacrament meeting, drove Ben home during 2nd hour (he was feeling sick), and got back in time for my first day in YW. Busy weekend!

Girls' Getaway!! Left to right: Christine, Shannon, Mom (Carla), me, and Phaedra. Pretty sure the song "Popular" will never mean the same to us again!!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kate said...

Mer- That sounds so FABULOUS! I'm so glad you got to go! I have been dying to see it also ever since I heard the song "Popular" sung at our Stake Broadway nite. You have a wonderful hubby too! Good job, Ben!!
And congrats on your new calling! The YW are lucky to have you!!

lynn said...

Lucky you to have such a fun Girls'night out plus with your mom & sisters. It sounds like so much fun. You are just going to have to take Ben to see it so you can be singing duets all through the house!