Saturday, November 14, 2009

Eli's Blessing Day

My ENTIRE family (minus one brother, who's living in California) was able to come for Eli's blessing day, which was November 1st. It was a wonderful experience, and I felt very blessed to have all of them with me to celebrate such a special day with my own little family. For those who don't know my family, I'll list them off, left to right: Lemy (actually, he's a foreign exchange student from Taiwan living with my parents), Carla (mom), Christine (sister), Ariana (niece), David (dad), Daniel (brother), Hunter (nephew, in front of Daniel), Brent (brother), Grace (niece, in front), me, Eli, Ben, Austin (nephew), Phaedra (sister), Shannon (sister), Summer (niece), Zach (nephew), and Hayden (nephew). I have such a wonderful family!!

Ben was very prayerful before giving Elias his blessing. There were THREE baby blessings that Sunday, and Elias was the second one to be blessed. He started crying on the way up, but Ben was very patient and got him situated and calmed him down before he began the blessing. A member of the bishopric told us that he was very impressed with the way Ben handled it and it reminded him of our Heavenly Father's love and patience with us. My dad and brother were also able to be in the circle for the blessing. It was a beautiful blessing and I felt the Spirit very strongly that day. There were many neat experiences involving my family as well.

I couldn't resist... I bought a tuxedo for Elias for his blessing day. He looked so dang cute in it!! Doesn't he look like those guys who, after a wedding, throw off their ties and crash?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jamie Bills said...

Such a cutie. I LOVE the tux. How neat to be able to have so much family together!

Glennice & Brian said...

Beautiful baby and it is great to see a picture of your family. Its been a long time since we have seen some of the.

Kate said...

Love the last picture!! So exhausted from the day! I'm glad you had your family there- what a wonderful event.