Sunday, January 24, 2010

Little River Zoo

(Ben here, I hijacked the blog to tell you about our trip to the Little River Zoo)
The week before I went back to school I decided to take Merrilee and Eli to the local zoo. Well I didn't expect our own personal tour of the zoo. The lady in the picture below took us around to each animal enclosure and told us about each one. We almost got to pet some small Egyptian foxes (except for the fact that she couldn't catch them). We howled with some coyotes; Eli tried, but the best he could do was cry.

That sign is for real. Look below! I quickly realized that these were powerful animals, and they were not afraid of humans either. I can't believe we brought Eli into the enclosure. Oh, and yes, we got to feed and pet kangaroos- how cool!

I wasn't really hurt. I strained my face in surprise and Merrilee happened to catch this on camera.

Eli was really interested in everything BUT the kangaroos.


Cute monkeys too. Most of the monkeys were greedy little brats, though. This zoo definitely provides a unique experience. When it was all over, we were glad we came to this little ghetto zoo.

2 comments:

Kate said...

That is AWESOME!!

Our cute kids said...

That was a pretty funny post! I liked your expression as you fed the kangaroo! The greedy little monkeys bit was funny too. Thanks for the entertaining post!