Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Beautiful Bicycle!!!

Ok, so Ben makes fun of me about how much I love my beautiful new bicycle. He can laugh it up, because he's right (although I do not talk to my bike, despite what he says). Yes, I was wearing my helmet while I was playing with Eli. But for the record, I was planning on going outside right afterwards to ride my bike.
What bike is this, you may ask? It is only the 2010 Specialized Ariel Hybrid- sleek, efficient, sturdy, custom-built for women, put together by a professional who measures/assembles bikes for professional European bicyclists... in a word, it's perfect. It has 700c wheels for efficient riding, 21 speeds for major hill-riding abilities, and is made of aluminum so it's nice and light (which is good, since I have to carry it up the stairs after riding). I seriously did hours upon hours of research, going to all the bike shops in Norman, talking to all the bike enthusiasts, poring through catelogs and online sites... you get the picture.
It is a good thing it's really sturdy, because I have already crashed it four times (I've had it for 2 weeks). Yes, I do know how to ride a bike. And yes, I now know a couple of extra tricks, which I learned the good ol' fashioned way of trial and crashing.
So... thank you, Ben, Mom, and Dad, for my early Christmas present!! I love it!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kate said...

Love it! And by the way, it's perfectly okay to talk to your bicycle. Ben will never admit this, but he always talked to his Legos.
LOL, J/K
Love ya! Glad you are having fun with your new bike.

FotoLabor said...

Yeah, you go girl! You and your bike! ;-D
I love my bike too, its an original old dutch bike - they are undestroyable (don't think thats a word, but you get the point).
But Mer, why are you wearing your helmet inside the house and riding your bike without it? Just wondering ;-)