Sunday, March 28, 2010

Quick Update

*We just got back from a Spring Break trip to Utah. Not a recommended drive with a 6-month-old. But we had a blast seeing Ben's family, even though it was not enough time. It was our first time meeting Elias' two new cousins, Kai (3 months) and Gabe (6 months- only 2 days older than Eli!), who are adorable. We were lucky to stay with Ben's brother and his wife (along with their three kids), and it was terrific seeing his parents and two of his sisters and their families. Ben and I got to go to the Mount Timpanogas temple while we were there, which is beautiful. On the way to and from Utah, it was fun staying in Colorado with my aunt and uncle and seeing my cousins.
*I played guitar at two Eagle Courts of Honor- one for a young man in my ward, and one for my *little* (over 6-foot-tall) brother. I am so proud of them for their many accomplishments! And I love playing la guitarra!

*Elias got his first tooth! Also, he is crazy busy. He decided that four days in the car is way too much and has been making up for it by wriggling all over. He can't quite crawl yet, so he rolls all over. It takes him just a few minutes to span our living room, so we decided it's definitely time to baby-proof the house. I think he will keep me on my toes once he can crawl.

*Ben just got called to Webelo's in our ward. Lucky guy. There are nine boys and they seem very, um, energetic!

*I was released today from the Young Women's presidency. The first counselor in the bishopric told me he lost because he drew the short straw, so he had to come tell me (I guess they figured out I would not be pleased to be released, but at least I didn't shoot the messenger). I am so sad to leave my girls, but I am still going to see as much of them as I can. I was so blessed to work with an amazing president and other members of the presidency, as well as terrific advisers.

*As a conciliatory calling, they asked me to be the ward chorister. This is my first time in this calling, so I rather wonder how many people will laugh at me as I stand up there waving my hands around? Guess we'll see. I am, however, excited to do it.

4 comments:

The Chambers said...

So glad you had a wonderful trip and got to see family! What a fun time. I'm glad Eli is doing better. He looked a lot better today at church. He will start crawling before you know it! CUTE! Sad you are out of YW's too, but we are still working together! You are going to be the hottest ward chorister ever. Can't wait to get going! So good to see you today! :o)

Shalmeno said...

I was recently called to be the Ward Chorister, and I thought: Hey, a calling that doesn't stress me out! Then I got up there and saw all the uber musical people in my ward conducting to themselves..... :-)
I'm glad to see you all so healthy and happy. Thank you for sharing your life with us!

Jamie Bills said...

Merrilee...you are so funny about your new calling. You act like it is not a real calling or something. It would make me REALLY nervous. I am sad I will not be working in YW anymore but now that it is warming up we should try walking together again. That was so nice to get out and talk.

The Ishiis said...

Glad you guys could come visit, Eli is such a fun kid!