Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My First Quilt!


Ok, so I guess having kids will inspire you to do things you would never do of your own initiative... like quilting! I decided I wanted to make something for my little tadpole (he's actually probably a full-blown frog by now), and Ben's mom is an amazing quilter, so I asked her to help me create one. It took hours of finding the right materials, cutting, ironing, and sewing, but I finally did it!!! I actually did all the sewing myself, although I had a LOT of guidance and help from Ben's mom. I feel like a marathon quilter (I did the whole thing in less than 4 days). Thanks, Ben's mom, for all the help!! My niƱo will love it (I'm crossing my fingers that it makes it through all his crazy years... so, that's, what, 21 years it has to survive???)!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jamie Bills said...

The quilt looks wonderful!!! I can't believe that you finished it in 4 days. Crazy girl! We are excited to have you guys move back to OK soon!

The Chambers said...

AWESOME Merrilee!! You did a wonderful job. It looks great. Quilts are so much fun. Growing up I did all kinds with my mom, I LOVE those memories. You are moving back the first of August aren't you?

KB Kidz said...

love it Mer!!! That is beautiful!!! Thank you for posting a picture!!!

The Ishiis said...

Great job, it's so fun to get or make things for the baby while you wait for the little one to arrive!

Kate said...

Great job Mer! I am so proud of you! I have never even attempted a quilt- heck, I still bring my pants home for my Mom to hem, so I am seriously impressed!

Our cute kids said...

I love how it turned out!!! Great job!!! Your little nino will love it!

Melissa Savage said...

Impressive! 4 days?! Wow, want to teach me?! :)